Friday 11 July 2014

Churros !

Back in 2008 I went to Australia with my siblings and had the best churros experience ever @ San Churros! 

Since there's not a lot of places in KL that serves churros , I decided to try my own :) 

This recipe is extracted from allrecipes.com and by far suits my taste the best so here it goes anyways, 

All you need is ; 
1. 1 cup of water
2.  2 1/2 tablespoons white sugar 
3. 1/2 teaspoon salt 
4. 2 tablespoon vegetable oil 
5. 1 cup of flour 
6. 2 quarts of oil for frying 
7. 1/2 cup icing sugar 
8. 1 teaspoon cinammon 

- Combine 1-4 together and bring to boil 
- Once boiling , remove from heat and add flour 
- Stir until it takes the form of a ball 
- I personally would roll the flour together by hand once the mixture has cooled down , used a fork to create the stripes for better crisp 
- Used Nutella as my chocolate dip ! 
- Try to avoid frying too many at times as overcrowding might lead to the inside of the churros being undercooked 

So there you go :) 

 
Enjoy ! 




No comments:

Post a Comment