Wednesday 11 March 2015

The Student Life You Want


Hey,
Here's a post that's a little bit personal.

As days go by in my first year in uni, I never still fail to ponder what kind of student life I want. What I want from my first year or throughout my university life.

The things I have been participating with recently have been intellectually engaging,
For instance the 'Teh Tarik Sessions with Prominent Speakers', 'Speaker Series', Projek Amanat Negara, London International Model United Nations etc. Name it, the moment you tell me there's such an event, I would just get on my feet and go for it.

But recent events have made me wonder,
You know how in university life people make friendships that will be everlasting memories ?
I'm starting to ponder if I am missing out on that, really badly.
And those just 'chill out' days,
As I spend my nights researching about current world issues,
Believing that I need and want to equip myself with such knowledge.

For instance, this weekend, its Derby Day !
Where Essex University plays against East Anglia University which is supposed to be one of the most fun days and night of the year. A couple of my friends will be competing then, which would be great to watch them play and we'll have a chilled out night later on.
On the other hand,
There'll be the Law Career Convention in London on that day itself as well. Which would be a great opportunity to mix around and build my career background.

But honestly I feel, the chilled uni life is only once in a lifetime. And you can take your whole life to build your career. Though at the same time, it's always good to build a great career background and network from now. Hmm.

In simple words, I am caught in between having the 'chilled back student life' or the 'career building/workaholic student life' and I couldn't wish it to be any more easier :)

No comments:

Post a Comment