Monday 17 August 2015

Young Love



If you were to ask me, 'Do you love kids?', my answer would always be 'Depends'. Although I never knew why, but I was never fond of all the kids around me. Then a few nights ago at Kechara Soup Kitchen, I finally understood myself, why I've always said, 'Depends'.

It was when these kids surprised me by jumping on my back for a piggy back ride,  was when I knew why. That I've only loved kids who likes interacting with activities rather than what technology offers nowadays. It was a wonder to myself and many around, how I didn't mind that these kids from Chow Kit might be sick or not as clean. But they surprised me with the love they still have for people, that somehow it was alright to play with them, carefree.

"These kids have so much love for the people, even though the society might not have shown them much of it"

And they were just as happy (or maybe even happier) as how other 'wealthy' kids are, just that these kids were sharing the small toy cars and played it together.

I could say that all in one night, not only have I learnt that there was no boundaries to love, but that the littlest things can bring so much happiness in life. These kids have taught me so much and insyaAllah, I hope one day, I can give them the happiness they have given to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment