Wednesday 29 June 2016

Poke Bowl !




So, I came across few videos of Poke Bowls on Facebook and searched for it on YouTube (which was definitely not helping with the fact that I watch the videos in the day when I'm fasting haha)

And I decided that today's the day! I'm gonna try making my first Poke Bowl ! 


Okay, I bought avocados specifically for the poke bowl but it was still unripe but since salmon has to be eaten fresh, I decided to still go with it. So first, I cooked the Sushi Rice... using SUMO! You can get it for about RM10 at the Jaya Grocer. I added in water as much as I would for normal basmati rice, and cooked it in boiling water on the hob for about 15 minutes. I added in salt and sugar before boiling it as well. After 15 minutes roughly, when you can see all the water has been absorbed/evaporated, turn off the heat, set it aside while leaving it covered for another 5 minutes


While waiting, I cut my salmon into cubes, making sure that the salmon is clean from any skin. I marinated the salmon using sriracha sauce and sesame oil. Other recipes would encourage you to put more stuff in which I reckon you definitely should but I was low on ingredients and just couldn't wait to get my hands into the bowl hehehe. Make sure you get salmon that is of sushi/sashimi quality, I got mine at Jaya Grocer's market and asked the fishmongers if this was able to be eaten raw (so far tak sakit perut lagi la so it should be good to go I guess)



Throw in some seaweed into the rice (recommended to use seasoned seaweed to give the extra 'wow' factor) and serve it on the bowl. It shouldn't be too hot or too cold. Then as simple as that, it's time to decorate your small bowl! I used roasted seaweed to eat  with the rice for a hint of crispyness but oh how much I wish I had the avocados for a hint of extra cream! Also, am missing out on sesame seed.

Well, I couldn't really decorate mine much since I was pretty low on ingredients but the rice turned out so good my niece couldn't stop eating it :)) Go crazy on the seaweed in the bowl of rice cause my niece loved it and  kept saying, "Nak Daun! Nak Daun!" but she only wanted the seaweed in the rice, not by itself 

Anyways, it's kinda easy to make so you should definitely give it a try! Although, the ingredients might be a bit pricy but its definitely worth a tryyyyy 



Here's the video I referred to for the Poke Bowl, hope it helps :)



No comments:

Post a Comment