Thursday 9 October 2014

The Lazy Cooks Buttermilk Chicken !

Hey guys ! So a couple of my friends have been asking me for recipes,
And how I cook as a student,
So, here's one of the many (hopefully) posts I'll be writing,
On how to cook when you're lazy // also student cookings !


The original recipe is a bit too sweet for me and I quite like cooking spontaneously (with love) , so here's the edited version :

Ingredients :
1) about 3 sticks of curry leaves
2) 2 Chilies ( preferably cili padi )
3) About 1/2 stick of SCS Butter
4) Slightly less than 1/2 tin of Condensed Milk
5) Oats or Corn Flour

So, its really simple. 

1) Pour a little oil into the hot pan and a pinch of salt (to reduce the 'hot' effects of adding chili into hot oil)
2) Fry the curry leaves and cili !
3) Add butter till it melts completely ( add as much or as little as you wish)
4) Add condensed milk and let it boil ( it will combine with the butter) 
* I add my condensed milk little by little. I stop pouring in the condensed milk once the sauce looks like of the perfect ratio. But its usually slightly less than the butter as it could cause excess sweetness*
5) Add a little bit of just oats or cornflour (diluted with water) into the sauce to slightly thicken the sauce 

and there you go ! The buttermilk sauce :)

Note : Its better to fry the chicken first before adding the sauce into it. BUT , if you're lazy like me, I usually would buy frozen chicken popcorns and fry for 3 minutes only. Ill pour the sauce on it after and it still tastes as good as frying your own chicken !

The recipe doesn't have to be exact but its roughly there. I usually don't follow exact measurements. Try to estimate the condensed milk measurement by adding it in slowly once it starts boiling .

All the best ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment