Thursday 28 May 2015

Gotta Love Being Single in my 20s


My close friends would know that I've never stayed single for more than a week max since I was 15. I have always been in relationships. Unsure if I am actually inlove with the idea of falling inlove, being in love or just loving the person himself. 

But its been 4 months atleast since I have been single and I am really loving it ! I even started wondering, 'Why have I been in relationships all this while?' (not to say I regret my past decisions or I'd change them)




You gotta just love,

1. The no more phone beeps !
Ahh, with the group whatsapp buzzing a lot nowadays, its pretty nice to just not have your phone beep. Its amazing how my phone beeps so little nowadays from personal whatsapps. It even got to an extent that when I got a personal whatsapp message, I was like 'WHOA, I haven't heard that for a long time!

2. The long walks alone with your thoughts :)
The serenity you get walking alone in the evenings with your thoughts is just mesmerizing. And the best part is, you won't be thinking of 'What you would do for him' or even like 'How much you love each other' and stuff. Your thoughts changes when you're not in a relationship. I think more about myself and the world nowadays, like 'What I can do to improve myself' and 'How can I help contribute to the world?' (well, sorta haha)

3. Being able to do anything you want, anytime 
No obligations at all ! If you feel like just going out randomly tonight, you'll be able to just jump off your feet and go out without thinking, 'If I should spend time with him' or even 'Would he be okay with it'. For me personally, it's the ability to just book a ticket and hop on a plane to travel anywhere I want to, anytime !

4. Building your own character
You make decisions for yourself, on your own grounds, not anyone else's. The things you choose to do is not because 'he likes doing it' or cause 'he thinks its cool'. You'll end up doing it cause, 'I'm just gonna do it just cause I feel like it'

5. Those hours of sleep
You'll be able to sleep for hours without any disturbance (not that sleeping for hours is that much good of a practice, but ya know what I mean). You wouldn't get random night phone calls or text messages obliging you to reply or be there for that particular person

6. Your energy, time and effort can be put into something so much more worth of doing !
The time you spent when you're in relationships, are an opportunity cost to other things you're capable of doing (talking like an economist) but yeah, seriously though. You could spend that time doing charity, giving your love to those who deprive it more. Spend your time with your family cause in the end of the day, they're all you've got

7. Not-Feeling-So-Pathetic-Anymore
'Oh, why isn't he replying me? Calling me? Or texting me?'. No matter how 'secure' you feel, it is inevitable for most of us to feel this way. Gotta love how my emotions doesn't revolve around another person's 

8. Thinking about these last few years
There's a high possibility you'll probably meet the love of your life, and settle down etc soon especially when you're in your 20s, without even trying. And you'd spend years and years of your life with your partner, possibly even 50 years ++ ! So just chill now in the single lane while you still can :) 

But..... if the 'right one comes, at the right time, I don't see a reason, why not?' Haha 



No comments:

Post a Comment