Tuesday 27 October 2015

The Skinny Bakers : My Mum, The COO

Many of us would decide to start a business with either their friend or partner or some random investor. Well, atleast that was how it nearly went for me as well. But things took a turn. Rather than going around finding for someone who I can 'trust' and would work as hard, possibly even harder than me, my mum was right there in front of me this whole time !

I couldn't have imagined growing this empire with anyone else than my mum. My mum is super hard working, definitely more hard working than me, and is very experienced in doing business. She's been my strongest motivation my whole life, that I'd do anything for her. In business terms, I'd do anything to make this business a success for and with my mum. And insyaAllah growing it to become our next empire ! Beyond that, she loves doing business and practically has been doing it her whole life ! I told her that I wouldn't want to be part of the business not learning anything so she would have to tell me every single step of the way on how the business grows, although I'm far away.

So here's how things work between me and my mum. We both need each other to make this cookie business into our next empire.
I got the recipe a few years ago and my mum got it from me over Summer. I work on the tech side of things, such as photography, social media, sticker designs, website etc. Its also cause I'm far away from home so yeah. And mum now handles the production at home ! (Yes, here's the answer to many of you who has been questioning me who has been doing the production of cookies since I've been away).

While I was in KL, I would approach cafes with our cookies, proposing our cookies to be placed at their cafes. Even when I was occupied by my internship, I'd go to cafes after working hours. And on the weekends, I'd go to cafes with my mum.

Since I've been away pursuing my degree here in the UK, mum has taken over that part and has been approaching places beyond expectation. Alhamdulillah, we've been getting orders for weddings and birthdays since we started, only a few months ago ! Our cookies are now available at Petron Manjalara and Petron Bandar Utama. Not to forget, we've placed our cookies at some event organizers office as well !

With the pace of how things have been growing great for us, it looks like I've got to save more money to have more capital in order to achieve our goals for this cookie empire !
But what are our long term plans for the cookies? Hmmm, It's still a secret. Hehehe. Till next time !

No comments:

Post a Comment