Friday 7 October 2016

In Seeking for Happiness

"I made a list of the happiest periods in my life, and I realized that none of them involved money. I realized that building stuff and being creative and inventive made me happy. Connecting with a friend and talking through the entire night until the sun rose made me happy. Trick-or-treating in middle school with a group of my closest friends made me happy. Eating a baked potato after a swim meet made me happy. Pickles made me happy.
I thought about how easily we are all brainwashed by our society and culture to stop thinking and assume by default that more money equals more success and more happiness, when ultimately happiness is really just about enjoying life"
- Delivering Happiness "A Path to Profits, Passion and Purpose" by Tony Hsieh (CEO, Zappos.com, Inc)

No comments:

Post a Comment