Thursday 25 February 2016

Salmon Spinach Lasagna


Hi there ! 
A couple of my friends requested for a recipe for the Salmon Spinach Lasagna I made on Monday, and I usually just throw everything in when I cook (and God bless, it was kinda sedap and edible haha). But anyways, here's sorta a basic yet simple way I would reckon anyone would be able to bake this Salmon Spinach Lasagna ! Also, since I'm a student, I have limited amount of money, time, resources etc so this is as simple as it can get :)

Servings : 2-3 people (depending on your appetite!)

For the Lasagna
- Bake the Lasagna Sheets in boiling water for 8-10 minutes
- Be sure to stir it all the time, and pour in a little bit of olive oil
- Set aside the Lasagna Sheets in cold water 

For the Salmon
- Heat up some olive oil
- Cook about a teaspoon or two teaspoons of garlic
- Chuck the salmon in and cook it with herbs, black pepper and salt
(I used mixed herbs cause that's the only herb I have in my cupboard lols)
And set it aside !

For the Spinach + White Sauce 
- Grab as much spinach as you'd like (I used about 400 grams)
- Chop some garlic and red onions (or any onions really)
- Cook the garlic and onions, then throw in the spinach into the pan with some herbs
- Once it's cooked, set it aside to cool down and chop the spinach into smaller pieces 

Whilst waiting for the spinach to cool down, you can make your REALLY SIMPLE white sauce !
- Mix in 75ml of Double Cream and 150ml of Creme Fraiche into a mixing bowl (I used a whisk at this stage just to mix them well) 
- Beat an egg in 
- Add loads of cheese into the mixture (I used a little bit of Mozarella and loads of Cheddar)
- Add a bit of butter in (possibly a table spoon) and salt 
And you're kinda done with the white sauce ! 

Mix the spinach into the white sauce, and we're good to go ! 

Finally,
- assemble all the mixes together (it took me only about 15 minutes-20 minutes to prepare for all 3 mixtures)
- I started off with a pasta base, then the white sauce, then I threw in the salmon pieces on every base  
And you're done !

Just put it in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes at 180 degrees or 160 degrees fan oven uncovered and you should get a nice golden layer at the top


I think this recipe is really easy and can the ingredients can be substituted with other ingredients easily. And I kinda did this Lasagna based on a mix of about 5 different recipes posted online.

Anyways, hope that helps, 

Enjoooooooy ! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment