Monday 7 March 2016

Dad's Biggest Influence


They say,
Distance makes the heart ponder..... And it got to me, that

Maybe, my dad doesn't know how much he has influenced me.

My urge and drive for adventure came from him.
He was an avid traveller himself, travelled across Europe, even in the Yugoslavian countries during their post-war. He even lived in Tunisia for a couple of months and settled there once. And when I was 12, I came across a newspaper article that he was in, known for his travels. 
Even now at the age of 61, he still craves for an ultimate adventure. Two years ago, my mum and dad even went to Israel to check out how it was there. Also, last year, he joined me for a couple of dives while I was taking my diving license (and I gotta admit, I really appreciate it cause I knew the tank wasn't as easy for you to carry as how it was years ago).

And when in a crowd, he will be the one who makes everyone laugh. 
I wish my sense of humor came from him (although I didn't laugh most of the time cause we grew up with it), but he's usually everyone's favourite. Like a dinner table would be quite without him. And the family wouldn't be as spontaneous if it wasn't for him. He would randomly dance whenever he's around good music, even when the music came from a cetak rompak CD shop hahaha. 

His love for knowledge is what I adore most. 
At the age of 50, he went on to take his Masters in Environmental Engineering.
And when we ask him questions about the world's history and general knowledge, he'll answer as if he was a walking wikipedia. You will always find him watching some random documentaries or reading books. 
Although... he did admit that tricked us about a couple of facts when we were younger hehehehe. 

And even in his 60s, he has been holding and has held so many positions in so many clubs in Malaysia that I honestly can't even keep up with. From being a President for the Rotary Club, to being part of the committee of UEM and ENSEARCH (and yes pa, you can correct me if I'm wrong with listing any of your many achievements in life). And with all that, he still tries to be home for dinner with the family, have movie nights and supports us in our own pursues. Sometimes, he'll even cook for us breakfast or dinner too ! He'll try to get us together for prayers as well, whenever he can. And never fails to try to get us together especially for morning prayers. In other words, even with your busy schedule, you still make time for us :)


Oh, and he never spends unnecessarily, seriously.
He'll use his wallet until they're worn out. He'll use his phone until the digits can't be pressed anymore.
I can even remember the time we argued cause I wanted to eat out but you insisted on me cooking at home hahaha. There were times you even ended up cooking for us as well. 

And the coolest part? He plays so many instruments. Yes, dad's talented too. He plays the guitar, piano, even the trumpet ! (that we even have a jamming studio at home, which I reckon was due to my dad having had his 'band' days when he was a student in Tasmania)

Even this post doesn't justify, how amazing you are to me pa. There may be even a part 2,3,4,...etc post one day. But the most important part is that, I will always love you undeniably, pa (and will always try my best to make us argue less too hehehe)

1 comment:

  1. Eisha dear n its not even fathers day! Makes me so fulfilled as a papa n my whole life in a few paras..

    ReplyDelete