Thursday 24 March 2016

Brussels, Belgium



WAFFLES !!!! 
The waffles here are so good ! Especially from this shop called "Le Funambule". Its really near the Grand Place and they sell heavenly waffles from as low as 1 Euro ! So good that I insisted mum to take a picture of me both of the times I was eating there.

Anyways, since me and mum came during the post-attack, most of the places were closed and so were the metro stations so we couldn't do as much, but it was still alright though :)

Day 1 



We chose to stay at an Air BnB near Churchill which was pretty cool since they sell halal chicken at the nearest Carrefour ! Which is such a blessing cause mum decided to cook Asam Pedas Ayam for Lunch hehehe, Anyways, the first thing we did when we arrived, was to try the "OMG SO SEDAP" Waffles ! 


Told mum I wanted to go to Grand Place since it was one of the top places to go Brussels, but only to find out it was where people were mourning for the deaths and victims of the bombings...
(more pictures available in my previous post on that)





Then, everything else was within a walking distance ! 


And for those of you know me pretty well, you would know how randomly I love chocolates and elephants so I couldn't resist taking a picture with a combination of both !! 


Or even eating it....with that double chin though.....



And after burning all the calories I got from the waffles through our hours of walking around the central, we tried the "Los Churros" Belgian Chocolate Churros and it was heavenly !! It was so good !! It was 7 Euros though which was totally worth it :))))



And last but not least, we went to check out the famous Mannekin Pis... which I had to cover my nose since the boy has been peeing since the 1600s, so you know... *Just kidding*

Day 2



We checked out the famous Atomium ! Which took us almost an hour to get there so as usual, I fell asleep in the Metro all the way..... Also, we bungkus sandwiches so we ate on our way back hehe (saved a lot from eating at restaurants which would cost so much with my current appetite) 



Then, we checked out the European Commission and European Parliament buildings in Brussels ! There were armed military men at each entrance and the buildings were closed so I could only take pictures from outside. Hmmm, its okay, another reason to come and visit Brussels again (rather than just for the waffles) hehehe

Then me and mum went back to the City Centre and chilled there, buying waffles again from my favourite place! Went to Lush to get my facial wash stuff and they gave us 2 free fresh face mask which totally made my day even more !! 

But yeah, that's pretty much it :) 
Next stop, Antwerp ! 


No comments:

Post a Comment