Thursday 10 March 2016

Datelines, Datelines



*'We are the Champions' song cues in*

Yesssss ! I've submitted 2 assignments of my core modules today. It was the EU Law Assignment of 3,000 words due on the 8th of March and Company Law Assignment of 2,500 words due today; 10th of March. Finally, a little taste of freedom :)

I didn't do this assignment last minute though, I've started drafting in 2-3 weeks in the due date. But, restructuring and understanding the question again and again took forever. The worst part was knowing that there's still a lot of legal sources out there that I could've read and add into my essay. Which as you would've expected, I keep on adding points to my essay that I even exceeded the word count limit by 500 words ++

I thought if I didn't do last minute work, I might be able to get enough sleep, at least 4 hours, but I thought wrong !!

For the past 2 weeks, my sleeping schedule was literally a roller coaster ride. I had frequent naps in the day and stayed up all night till 5AM; essentially till I do my morning prayers. Then, I'll try to sleep before the sun comes up and get myself started for the day.... which was only a few hours of sleep really.

Spent my night completely awake 2 nights ago, and still woke up for my 9AM tutorial on the 8th after submitting the assignment *phew* (it was cause she's quite a firm tutor). I came unprepared, thinking someone might come with the answer the questions for me but apparently, NO ONE CAME ! So I had to be honest with the tutor that I came unprepared and she was totally cool with it. But she still insisted on me coming for another tutorial replacement next week, which is totally fine by me.

But last night though, was a mess! I had my nap in the evening from 3-5PM (Well, if you consider a nap as 2 hours sleep). And I stayed awake since then and till this exact moment I am writing this post, 1PM. Its cause I'm working and I had classes this morning that I'm still awake, although my mind and body isn't functioning well for human interaction.

Celebrated submitting 2 assignments that I was quite satisfied doing, with a bowl of ramen and an episode of 'The Big Bang Theory'!

Now, just gotta wait for my shift to end, and I can finally get the sleep I deserveeeee before I go to Tesco's. According to my calculation, I would've been awake for 23 hours if I manage to get my sleep at 3PM after work, whoaaaaaa. Never imagined a sleeping pattern or a busy schedule like this when I was in college. I thought SPM and A-Levels drained my sleep enough.

Oh ! Before I forget, this is my first time submitting 2 assignments back to back without coffee but all on healthy eating and endless cups of green tea :) (also, self-proclaimed mental strength hahaha)

How I wonder if there was any law student that made it through law school with enough sleep and without coffee though....

And after this long deserving nap, I gotta start prepping for my 6-minute speech for the Commercial Awareness Initiative Competition and a thousand words essay regarding the topic I'm planning to talk about. And no, I'm not even complaining cause I actually am excited (but also nervous).

Also, note that there might be a lot of grammar errors in this post because as you would expect, my brain isn't functioning as sufficient... sleep deprived.

No comments:

Post a Comment