Monday 21 March 2016

Day 2: Paris


And finally, got to travel with my mum ! Also, back to waking up every morning at 6AM.... not sure if that is cause she's still jet lagged, or she just has pleasure in being the kind of mum who wakes her daughter up early every morning, but its cool :)

Anyways, we're staying at Lodge in M.I.S which we only paid 10 Euros per night, pretty decent eyy? It comes with free breakfast and the place is pretty clean ! 

Oh before I forget, the struggle was real though carrying my mum's stuff around from one station to another (to be specific, from Garu de Nord to Place d'Ivry). The luggage was broken so our skills in teamwork were being tested when we both had to carry the luggage up and down around the stations since they didn't have much lifts ! It was kinda funny though.... 

Moving on ! 
We went to La Vallee Village just to get a couple of Longchamp bags for those who requested from home. Was a bit cranky causse I'm generally not a huge fan of shopping.. like I do have my times when I can actually enjoy the idea of spending money for anything else besides food and travels haha.

Then we went to Notredame ! Due to food deprivation, we decided to just anywhere nearby the Notredame. It was a bit difficult at first to find cheap places to eat nearby, but we walked around into smaller alleys and Alhamdulillah, we found a halal kebab shop ! 



Really don't know what the luck was for me and my mum but we ate there for free ! Technically, we were supposed to pay for the meal but mum thought I paid, and I thought she paid, and the workers didn't even remember the fact that we didn't pay for our meals !! We even had a chat with them after eating and they didn't even seem to pass the bill hahaha. Mum claimed it was rezeki, while I was prepared to go all the way back just to pay....  




Anyways, it was then time to check out the Eiffel Tower :)
It was freezing cold !! We quickly took pictures before the sun went down. Mum wasn't so into the idea of going up the Eiffel tower so I thought I was gonna miss out on it as well. 

But then suddenly a guy came up to my mum and said, "Assalamualaikum Aunty!", and it was Fazmie and the boys again ! Hahaha talk about coincidence. And they invited me to go up the Eiffel tower with them while my mum stays warm at a nearby cafe, and it was worth the climb :) 





We went up by 6.30 PM but there was a queue going up the lift from the 2nd stage of Paris. Also, we were not as fit to go up the hundreds of stairs (or maybe it was just me slowing them down) but it took us awhile which we only made it back down at 8,55PM, having 5 minutes left to catch the Eiffel Tower being lighted up at 9PM. Yes, the Eiffel Tower is only lighted up with those blinking lights for 5 minutes only every hour and it was such a beautiful sight !


Then, I had to go to pick my mum up from the cafe she was chilling at before only to find out that apparently, she was falling asleep a couple of times at the cafe just waiting for me to come down from the Eiffel Tower. Teehee, sorry ma. 



1 comment:

  1. Luckily u went up. It would have been a waste not going up the eiffel tower!

    ReplyDelete