Monday 21 March 2016

Day 1: Paris


The plan was to meet my mum in Paris on the 19th night but I took the bus on the 18th March.

Anyways, came to Paris alone by bus from London Victoria Station via Megabus at £15, departed at 8PM and arrived at 6AM in Paris ! I didn't change my service provider from giffgaff to Three; which has internet and line in Paris cause honestly, I can't be asked to travel with my phone beeping all the time so I had to go with the well-known "hi! approach" to strangers and tag along with them till the sun came up cause it was kinda creepy to be alone at the bus station. The sun wasn't out yet at that time aiteeee, so yeah.

So the strangers I decided to approach and hung out for the whole day were... Fazmie, Syamil and Anas !

It was bad enough that we didn't get proper sleep thanks to the bus and ferry ride, but we decided to still pull through the whole day and visited a couple of places from 'the Sacred Heart of Paris' (picture above), 

the Opera 
(which I only stood outside waiting for them cause I wanted to go to the Opera again when my mum came)


and the Mosque which was so beautiful ! 




I was so mesmerized ! The nearest station to the mosque is "Jussieu" which should be on the pink metro line 7. There were about 4 armed guards waiting outside, so don't be surprised. 

Also, the Natural History Museum was only less than 5 minutes walk and free entrance for youths, so we just went in cause Fazmi thought it reminded him of PetroSains... by which PetroSains is wayyyyyy cooler ! Well, based on how I remembered it about 10 years ago atleast lols. It was great though, the fact that I could catch my power nap at the "Outback Africa" section of the museum as they had lots of seats there...... hahaha




We chilled a lot really since none of us had any reasons to rush. But we did have to rush after dinner cause I had to pick my mum up from the Garu de Nord station at 9PM. And as expected, we were kinda late by like 15-20 minutes and finding for my mum at one of the most busiest station in Paris without a phone was definitely a bad ideaa ! 

And then, it was time to say goodbye to the random friends and spend time catching up with my mum :) 











No comments:

Post a Comment