Saturday 25 April 2015

A Reminder ; From the Heart of Today for the Heart of Tomorrow


I cannot help but feel stupid.
That I live everyday forgetting how cruel the world is,
And that every second I chose to be ignorant,
Someone out there is suffering,
A child is possibly dying.

I feel so helpless,
That no matter how much I lend a helping hand,
It will seem as if its never enough,
It will never be enough.

That the many times I spent falling in love,
Could have been spent by loving others,
Who deprive for such love more,
Those who never felt as if they were loved before.

When I choose to go against my parents,
A child out there wishes,
That they were waking up to goodnight wishes,
From their parents that they wished they'd known who.

The stuff I buy,
The branded goods I get,
Only to impress this materialistic world,
Which I don't really need them,
To make me happy.

The times I spend with my peers,
Laughing and giggling around,
Criticizing other people,
When the people I should be criticizing is myself,
Am I a good person enough to be talking about other people's weaknesses ?

Open your eyes,
You're living such a comfortable life,
And your surroundings might look as great,
But these things you have and posses,
Are only to fool you.

Don't be foolish,
You keep on killing yourself with that over confident of yours,
That you're a good person, a great person,
That you're a strong person, possibly stronger than anyone else,
Just cause you thought you've been through alot in life,
When the real strong people,
Are the ones living out there, in the world of reality,
The world of poor and hunger.

I could have lived a life in modesty,
I could still choose to do so,
But dear heart of tomorrow,
That often forgets about compassion,
Please come back to your conscience,
And not to give into the thoughts and temptations of this cruel world.

Allah, give me strength and humility.
From wasting my time,
To do the right thing.





No comments:

Post a Comment