Wednesday 12 April 2017

6 months of "Tuna oh Tuna!"

Its coming to 6 months since I first started working at Subway and the Subway I work at is not Halal so the only options I have been having is either just the Veggie Sub, Tuna Sub or Veggie Pattie Sub !

For the first few shifts I had wanders and slight drools during shifts looking at the delicious Steak and Cheese subs I was serving customers, and recently.... they introduced this,

BBQ BEEF BURNT ENDS !!!

Just look at that delicious Sub ! That tender beef cooked for 10 hours..... gosh I was so tempted that I kept pushing one of my colleagues to taste it to tell me how it tastes like !

Well, she told me it was just 'okay' and another colleague told me it looks like dog food.... great team work guys, makes it easier for me to resist my temptations :) 

It does look good, like most other food served in those 5 star restaurants etc, but the idea of consuming it just disgusts me. Also, I've been so disgusted thinking of ways how the many ways they could kill the animals before selling it into stores. They could have made the animals freeze to death, or shoot them allowing them to slowly die, or electrocute them allowing them to feel ultimate pain before dying ! and the blood that stays in them when its not halal though.... err, no way I'm consuming that ! Gosh, there's so much more reasons why I would rather eat Halal then not to !

Funny thing is yea,
I've been working there for months and I have lost complete temptation of trying to eat the non-halal food there, I got used to it ! And eating Tuna is alright to me ! Though meatball does seems tempting but I rather have it cooked my own way and served with pasta and cheese and herbs and imagine every bite of meatball with fresh tomato sauce rather than marinara sauce that's commercialized.... 
But 6 months of working there means I've been eating so much Tuna ! I have 3 shifts a week on average with Subway and it could mean that I have been eating..... 


THIS MUCH TUNA !!! 
Okay maybe just one big fish or probably half of it.... but it only makes sense !

When I go back to KL I think I wouldn't eat Tuna for years until I have to again next time ! 

But yea, I realised that if you put your temptations infront of you so often, you tend to get so immune to it that it doesn't matter anymore ! 

So,  (alhamdulillah), here's to 3 years of eating Halal meat abroad no matter what the circumstances are :) 

*celebrate all the little things in life that matters*




No comments:

Post a Comment