Saturday 22 April 2017

The Tiffany


Almost every girl has their secret obssession on something (well, guys do too, either shoes or tech or even just expensive restaurants), 
But its that one thing that you secretly smirk a smile and leaves your heart smiling,
You know what I mean, you know that feeling ;)

But, mine has always been Tiffany ! 

Gosh it sounds like I'm such a 'high-maintenance' girl but honestly I'm not. I've been in the UK for 3 years and have had 5 pairs of shoes average, I own only 3 pairs of heels (black, black and nude), I have only 4 make up products (eyeliner, primer, foundation,  powder) and okay I really don't have to explain/defend myself but really I'm not that 'high-maintenance' - average makes sense kot but most of the time I spend using my own money, I've been shopping with my own money most of the time (my parents, siblings, friends and cousins still do belanja me once in a while) since I was 18 when I first got my first ever pay roll from my first part time job, Starbucks  :) 

SO anyways, back to my love for Tiffany,
I got my first Tiffany when I was turning 16. Sat for my PMR exam and got 8A's, then my parents asked me what I wanted for my results, I told them I couldn't really think of anything and that I was already happy as I am - yes, I totally was a nerd and still am. A few weeks after the results came out, my parents left for Dubai and Abu Dhabi. I suddenly got a call from my mum,

"Eisha, you want Tiffany bracelet tak?"
"Ma, its okay, its so expensive ! And I'm too young to get one, I don't deserve it! Its okay ma"
"Okay, but if mama insists on getting you Tiffany, would you be okay with it or would you prefer Thomas Saboo etc?"
"Okay, yea ma, sure"


Then I thought she'd end up not getting me anything, which I'm totally cool with. But when they came back from their trip, my mum told me she's got a surprise, and it came a beautiful blue box, 



The bracelet in the picture isn't the one that looks like mine, my mum customized my first Tiffany bracelet by choosing her own locket which was 'limited edition' in Dubai and bought it with a Tiffany silver bracelet, the pendant/locket had the word "Love" on it, and I love it to bits till today :)

It was a Tiffany bracelet ! (I know it's not much of a surprise anymore but I never thought I'd ever have one) - but I fell inlove completely 
I wore it everyday - and since I couldn't wear it to school, I remember I came back everyday (or when I got to boarding school, time outing) putting on the bracelet first after taking my uniform off.

Coming to College, I was initially in Taylors ss15 doing SAM, but I scored a scholarship to pursue Law in the UK (JPA scholarship) - and  my mum told me she wants to reward me,
I told her its fine, I was already happy as I was. But she insisted if I should get a Tiffany necklace,
And I thought it does sounds like a good idea :)

Ever since I got my Tiffany bracelet, I never bought any other bracelets. And even if I had to go for a really formal event or had to dress up for, I wouldn't even take it off. Even for sports and futsal times! I realised that I was one of those people who doesn't change accessories once I've got one good sentimental one - quite a sentimental person kan? I never thought I am too ! 

We went to Pavilion, and when I took my first step into the Tiffany shop that day my eyes were lit up by the beautiful Tiffany blue colour of the shop, and after spending hours there, we settled on a beautiful necklace, and we got this one.... 

 


Moving on to today, I never took my Tiffany necklace off ! Whether I'm swimming or travelling or  hiking, I will always wear it. Even in my sleep :) and as I am writing this post ofcourse 

My Tiffanys' have been with me through everything,


My first solo trip to Macedonia,

My brother's graduation, 
and so many more lah !

But its been years since I got my last Tiffany, and my heart started to ponder on the possibility to get one soon again, thinking what the next achievement in life that I might be able to get a Tiffany,



And I told myself that since I'm graduating this year and will be turning 23, I thought that the perfect gift for myself would be to is being completely 'Financially Independent'. I do have a business and have part time jobs, most of the time I spend using the money I earn but when it comes to travelling with the family and going out to eat, my parents still pay for me. and they wouldn't let me 'treat them' unless I started working, so yes,

Tiffany Earrings it is <3

Also cause my ears get irritated by non-silver products at times so I thought it'd be a great investment :) I'd wear it till I get old and wrinkly, the same with my other Tiffany accessories (the necklace and bracelet) - the only reason I find excitement in growing old besides having a family haha



Okay so I suddenly came across this, and the first thing I had in mind was, that this would be the ring I'll wear the moment I find my "other half", the love of my life :)

And as cheesy as it was, I instantly thought of engraving it either with our names, coordinates of where we met, our favourite quote or goals in life or pretty much something that means so much to the both of us !


Writing this blog post is a huge step for me,
If you ever see me owning those Tiffany earrings, it means that I'm 100% financially independent,
and if you see me with those Tiffany rings,
You'd know that I've settled and fell completely inlove with my one and only! - hopefully soon hehehee


Till then :)


No comments:

Post a Comment