Thursday 22 May 2014

On Wearing Hijab,

Its been almost a year since I started wearing hijab,
and honestly, its been going on longer than I expected, *alhamdulillah*
I guess what made it easier was changing your perspective towards it,
Initially I felt like it was a burden of clothing,
After a while, I thought that,
'Hey, I'm a Muslim. It's a Muslim clothing to wear hijab'
Easy to say, its like ,
'Humans were given the option to go naked to but hey, they wear clothes anyways !'

I loved how it changed my lifestyle, although once in awhile I do miss the old days,
But I was never really the party hard kind of girl,
I just enjoyed the company of variety :)
and doing random things once in awhile like,
Going for David Guetta's concert, or
A friend's birthday party at some random pubs.

But I never really enjoyed seeing myself doing any of those things, as I kinda see it as,
'My Body is My Temple' , and I have always loved keeping it clean :)
Thus, explains why I never tried anything beyond shisha (which i only tried couple of times) , ahaha .

Anyhow,
The best thing about hijab is, protection.
Feeling more secure when you walk around men.
Being reminded of your religion wherever you go.

But hey, even Felixia Yeap, an ex-model of the PlayBoy feels comfortable wearing hijab saying,
'I feel that I am worth more than showing off my body' ,

So this is me, pulling it off,

No comments:

Post a Comment